Monday, March 30, 2009

ONE

Similar to Chef Grant Achatz of Alinea and Chef Laurent Gras of L2O, two chefs I have great respect and admiration for, I will be posting the evolution and planning of two tasting menu's that will be appear in the coming weeks.  I will be cooking for the kitchen brigade of Chef Mavro and a friend and highly decorated and respected restaurateur Hank Adaniya. 

As a young Chef, this is the greatest satisfaction. I love cooking for people who appreciate the technique and work that it takes to produce each element of a meal. These people are at the highest level. How could you not get excited to show your passion and background through the progression of a meal.

Should I create a menu that is heavily influenced by my previous mentors? Keller, Siegel, Yamaguchi? Or should I be inspired by the bounty of what Hawaii has to offer. What techniques can I utilize? What can I do that they haven't already seen?

I have decided to create a menu that includes as much products grown locally while taking inspiration from my experiences in New York and San Francisco.

1). Sea Urchin
2). Hearts of Palm
3). Toro
4). Egg
5). Abalone
6). Moi
7). Pasta
8). Foie Gras
9). "Black Truffle Explosion"
10). Shortrib of Beef


These are the products I have chosen for this grand degustation. I will be posting my ideas for the development of each dish.

ck

No comments:

Post a Comment