Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Three

This past Easter I did a special menu for the guys at Chef Mavro. It was exciting to have all the guys in the kitchen including Chef Kevin and Mavro himself eating my food. It was a great experience, yet I find myself frustrated at the ability to get all the products I ordered. I don't understand why some purveyors promise certain products and can't deliver on it. The menu I had originally intended had to be changed, but I guess that is what cooking is all about. It was exciting to cook in the moment. This is the final menu that was cooked on one burner in the corner of the restaurant.


Bigeye Tuna "Noodles", Crushed Avocado, Sea Asparagus, Sesame Vinaigrette
Seared Toro and Uni, Pickled Pear, Mitsuba, Vadouvan

Slow Poached Egg, Pigs Feet Croquette, Truffle Mousseline
Slow Poached Egg, Crispy Pork Belly, Red Wine Reduction

Maine Lobster "Grenobloise"

Foie Gras Torchon, Blis Maple Syrup, Bacon Crumble, Rocket


48-Hour Shortrib of Beef, Spinach Ball, Fried Bordelaise


The dinner went amazing. It was a pleasure to cook for people I respect. It was incredible to see chefs of their caliber be excited about the food and see things they haven't seen before. It was awesome to see the staff of the restaurant be excited about a great chef coming to eat. I have one more tasting for Hank on Saturday. Hope I kill it.

1 comment:

  1. I know you will, Chris! Good luck on Saturday! I'm so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete