Monday, June 22, 2009

My Favorite Restaurants in Honolulu


Sushi Izakaya Gaku
*Everything is great, from sushi/sashimi to the izakaya selections. The atmosphere is nice and calm and it's still a bit of a secret, so the place is accessible.


Chef Mavro
*I recently went in for their Spring menu. It was a meal that showed great ingredients coupled with good execution. I also happen to be friends with most of the kitchen.


Town/Downtown Restaurant
*These two places just really make me happy. The food is always fresh and reminds me of eating in San Francisco. The food is never fussy and has a true sense of place. 


Hank's Haute Dogs
*The most important place to open in the last 5 years. Not only do they serve the best hot dog and fries in Hawaii, but Hank has one of the best restaurant minds in the country. He will bring credibility and innovation to a rather stagnant Hawaii food
 scene.


Mitch's Sushi
*I had heard such great things about this place. I finally experienced it recently and instantly became a favorite. The mirugai was life-changing.

No comments:

Post a Comment